Novelist

Novelist
Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright, Author

Monday, January 11, 2010

The Rabbit Died

The rabbit died!


No, no one is pregnant. The rabbit, our pet rabbit, literally died. Now for the most difficult thing to admit; it was my fault.

My wife went out of town for a few days and said, “Look after Stinky (the rabbit), would you?”

Of course I said that I would, no problem, consider it done, go have a good time.

I didn’t feed or water Stinky for three days. I refuse to offer more details than that, other than to say that his name fit the end result. I feel awful!

Newton’s third law of motion says, “To every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.”

I learned that in elementary school but had never considered it; I mean really thought about it, until Stinky took the well-lighted tunnel to paradise. Have you ever considered it... the tiny little decisions made every day that fan into the future causing potentially catastrophic changes?

Let me set a scenario for you: I call in to work that I’m sick, just because I’m too freaking lazy to get out of bed. My project partner loses his job because I wasn’t there to help him make a deadline; his wife divorces him because he’s unemployed; he commits suicide because he loved her so much.

Don’t try to convince me that this is illogical or over-simplified because I’m now a devout believer that this happens every day in this crazy world. Granted, there may be a few more episodes between these high points and it might take years but the fact is; it happens. We just never look back to notice.

So, when your spouse asks you to feed the pet, for God’s sake, do it.



Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright
Author of
"Paradise Flawed"/Dream Books LLC/2009
"Six Years' Worth"/Father's Press/2007
"The Last Radiant Heart"/Virtual Tales/Spring 2010
"Anne Bonny, Where Are You?"/Rogue Phoenix Press/May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment