Novelist

Novelist
Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright, Author

Monday, January 4, 2010

Man in The Mirror

I am a skeptic that would make a garden variety doubter drop in awe. Example: I don’t trust mirrors.


How many times have you been gazing into a mirror and saw a reflection of something you couldn’t believe was real and had to turn and see it directly before you’d believe it? Although my skepticism runs deep, I submit that this is a more common phenomenon than anyone would readily admit.

Yesterday I was doing my usual grooming shirtless in front of the mirror and, although conscious of it already, I began to examine my broadening girth—truly studying it. But, I had to look down at it before I’d believe there was twenty excess pounds my belly button punctuated that didn’t belong there.

The next time you’re at the gym, with all those mirrors around, and you’re admiring and patting yourself on the back for your appearance; you might consider getting a second opinion. I believe mirrors can reflect an ideal at one extreme and a lie at the other.

The next thing you know, I’ll be wondering if my shadow is more real than I am.


Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright
Author of
"Paradise Flawed"/Dream Books LLC/2009
"Six Years' Worth"/Father's Press/2007
"The Last Radiant Heart"/Virtual Tales/Spring 2010
"Anne Bonny, Where Are You?"/Rogue Phoenix Press/May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment