Novelist

Novelist
Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright, Author

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Read For Pleasure

I just received what I thought was a good answer for why a huge majority of people don't enjoy reading for pleasure and it came from a high school English teacher. She believes, as I now do, that kids are forced to read novels in school as an academic exercise and made to write essays on them. That instantly puts this type of reading in the "chore" category. It made a huge amount of sense to me. I don't know what I should do about it except, maybe, turn my rant on the schools. And, maybe, we need more J. K. Rowlings out there to get the younguns interested sooner.

I'd love to have more opinions on this.


Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright


Author of

"Paradise Flawed"/Dream Books LLC/2009

"Six Years' Worth"/Father's Press/2007

"The Last Radiant Heart"/Virtual Tales/Spring 2010

"Anne Bonny, Where Are You?"/Rogue Phoenix Press/May 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment