Novelist

Novelist
Daniel (Danny) Lance Wright, Author

Friday, February 10, 2012

This Oldie Needs to Sweat

The time has come that I must talk on a subject that, at one time was extremely important to me, but not lately—exercise. My forehead is getting damp and I’m breathing harder just thinking about it.


Any sane person would believe that I should be doing more than just thinking about it; right? Yeah, I know you’re right. That’s why I’m currently in the process of psyching up to, once again, make it an appointment activity in my life. It’s sure not because I don’t have the time. I know I need to whip this old body back into shape. It’s just that the whipper isn’t what it used to be.

It’s worth pointing out that I still hold valid fitness trainer certification through the National Endurance and Strength Training Association. I don’t mention this to be boastful; quite the opposite actually. My belly button disappeared months ago. Yep, I just checked where I’m sure it used to be. It’s nowhere to be seen. Now, that glossy eight-by-ten certificate with an official looking gold seal on it just seems ridiculous; oh, the irony of it.

Yesterday, I made the comment that I plan on being eighteen till I die (and, yes, I listen to Bryan Adams version of it often). Interestingly, it’s fairly easy to believe I’m still youthful, vivacious, good looking and can party till the sun comes up ... as long as I’m sitting still in a room with no mirrors.

Realistically, I’m not looking to compete in senior power lifting events or participate in bodybuilding competitions. I just want to be able to get down on my knees and back up to my feet without wishing for a forklift assist. I used to laugh at that “I’ve fallen and can’t get up” commercial. I can’t see the humor in it anymore.

If you haven’t guessed it yet, this blog entry is a message to self that I’ve decided to share. I have lots of life left in me, but if I don’t get up and get moving ... well, I think you can guess the rest of this sentence.

Maybe this is working after all. I do have a spark of excitement about getting an exercise regimen together and hitting it. Oh, to sweat and breathe deeply the satisfaction of putting this old body back into shape. Yes, yes! I’ll do it ... right after my nap.

Author of
"Six Years' Worth"/Father's Press/mainstream/print & ebook
"Paradise Flawed"/Dream Books LLC/action-adventure/print & ebook
"Where Are You, Anne Bonny?"/Rogue Phoenix Press/ historical drama/ ebook only
“Trouble”, short story/CrossTIME Science Fiction Anthology, Vol. IX/print only
“Dancing Away”/ short story/romance/Untreed Reads/ebook only

“Phobia”/Booktrope/2012/suspense-thriller/print & ebook
“Helping Hand For Ethan/Rogue Phoenix Press/2012/young adult/ebook only
“Defining Family”/Whiskey Creek Press/2012/young adult/print & ebook
“Annie’s World: Jake’s Legacy”/ATTM Press/ July 2012/soft science fiction/print & ebook

COMING SOON
“The Last Radiant Heart” (re-release)
“Hackberry Corners, Texas 1934”
“Life, Love, and Lubbock”

Search Daniel Lance Wright on Amazon.com

1 comment:

  1. In my best Rob Schneider voice (from Water Boy), "You can DO it!" :))

    ReplyDelete